Festival Photography and Culture Photography Tour Kerala, India
Theyyam is one of the most colorful and intense festivals/worship that happens in the northern part of Kerala around Kannur. It's a great experience to witness and photograph the festival.
Theyyam is one of the most unique festivals in India. It is celebrated in the northern part of Kerala around Kannur. At one time, it was a part of almost every household but is now limited to a few.
This festival offers great photographic opportunities. The timings of the Theyyams can be a little odd. Sometimes we shoot all night and then freshen up for another shoot in the morning. We really have to push our limits in this tour.
Of course, the rewards will be many. You can get some amazing portraits of the theyyam performers while they are getting ready and also during the performance.
Why Join Us for the Photography Tour?
We will make your DREAM COME TRUE - your dream to witness the great festival and to capture them. We will also take some great portraits of the locals.
We will be going to the right places at the right time. I will suggest you the right settings for taking pictures and will personally assist you so that you go back with some great shots. We also do post-processing and feedback/review sessions whenever possible, during the tour.
Saurabh has been visiting these regions for almost a decade and has great knowledge about the place.
You will also be in the company of some great fellow travelers and will make friends for life.
Only 6 participants on first come first serve basis.
Cost includesThe cost includes the following:
1) Stay in Kannur (twin sharing) for the above mentioned days.
2) All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) from December 21th afternoon to December 25th morning
3) All transportation to the Theyyam sites.
Cost does not include1) Your travel cost to / from Kannur.
2) Snacks, Water and other beverages, etc.
Rs.10000/- booking amount.
Rest 45 days before the date of the tour.
Cancellation costs us too.
As people generally plan in advance, it becomes impossible for us to fill the seats last moment. So, if you cancel, the seat goes vacant. Also, in most places, we have to book well in advance due to the limited choices.
So, please book your tour only if you are sure.
> 60 days to 45 days prior to departure of the tour, 20% of the total tour cost is non-refundable.
> 40 days to 15 days prior to departure of the tour 50% of the total tour cost is non-refundable.
> 14 days to 07 days prior to departure of the tour 75% of the total tour cost is non-refundable.
> 07 days to 01 days prior to departure of the tour 100% of the total tour cost is non-refundable.
There will be no refund for NO SHOWS.
PICTURES FROM Theyyam Photography Tour 2022
1. How to reach Kannur? Kannur is well connected by air and train. There are direct flights from Hyderabad and some other cities to Kannur.
2. Is this trip only for Photographers? No, anyone can join. We will spend a lot of time taking some great pictures though. I'm sure everyone loves doing that. We have had non-photographers in our previous trips and they enjoy as much.
3. I have no knowledge on Photography. Will I get some help? Yes, absolutely. Saurabh will be assisting you all the time. He will help you on how to take some great pictures. So, you will learn while having fun on the go.
4. I don't have a camera. Can I get camera or lenses on rent? Yes, Camera / Lenses for Rent in Hyderabad